Kenya Sevens secured Rugby Sevens World Cup qualification after finishing third at the Africa 7s held in Kampala, Uganda.
Shujaa beat Zambia 19-12 in the bronze final after losing 22-12 to hosts Uganda who beat Zimbabwe to win the regional sevens tournament. Uganda, Zimbabw, Kenya and hosts South Africa will represent Africa at the Sevens World Cup in Cape Town in September 2022.
Uganda also qualified for the Commonwealth games to be held on England in August to join Kenya and South Africa who had qualified via the HSBC World Sevens Series.
Harmony Wamalwa landed a brace with Augustine Lugonzo scoring once as Tony Omondi secured the result with two conversations for Kenya in the defeat to Uganda.
Round Four Fixtures(Sunday April 24, 2022)
- 9.00 a.m.: Mauritius vs Cameroun 21-12 -Trophy
- 9.22 a.m.: Ghana vs Senegal 12-0 -Trophy
- 9.44 a.m.: Namibia vs Zimbabwe 17-27 -Championship
- 10.06 a.m.: Kenya vs Madagascar 7-12 -Championship
- 10.28 a.m.: Zambia vs Tunisia 12-05 -Championship
- 10.50 a.m.: Uganda vs Burkina Faso 51-0 -Championship
- Semis: Uganda vs Kenya 22-12
- Semis: Zimbabwe vs Zambia 26-17
- Third place: Kenya vs Zambia 19-12
- Final: Uganda vs Zimbabwe 28-0
Kenya vs Senegal 19-0
Uganda vs Burundi 71-0
Zimbabwe vs Burkina Faso 12-14
Madagascar vs Botswana 54-0
Namibia vs Ghana 19-10
Zambia vs Cameroon 33-7
Tunisia vs Mauritius 7-14
- Pool A: Kenya, Madagascar, Namibia, Zimbabwe.
- Pool B: Uganda, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Tunisia.
- Pool C: Mauritius, Cameroun, Botswana.
- Pool D: Ghana, Senegal, Burundi.
Round Two Results:
- Mauritius 26-07 Botswana
- Ghana 47-00 Burundi
- Madagascar 41-00 Namibia
- Kenya 24-19 Zimbabwe
- Burkina Faso 10-28 Zambia
- Uganda 29-00 Tunisia
Round Three Results:
- Cameroun 15-17 Botswana
- Senegal – Burundi
- Madagascar 00-40 Zimbabwe
- Kenya 33-07 Namibia
- Burkina Faso 07-12 Tunisia
- Uganda 40-07 Zambia